Monday, September 27, 2010

My take on Mississippi Caviar


During a potluck at work a coworker brought in Mississippi Caviar it was okay but it really wasn't my style. Since I like to change things to fit my taste I changed it up, alot. Most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand, if not they are cheap.


1 can of sweet corn, drained and rinsed

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed

1 avocado, diced

1 small red onion, minced

1-2 jalepeno peppers, minced
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles OR 2-3 roma tomatoes and a small can or green chiles

1/3-1/2 cup of Zesty Italian dressing
hot sauce, to taste.


Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and refrigerate. As the mixture sits it will bring out the flavors and depending on the amount of peppers and hot sauce added, it will slowly start to taste hotter.


Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or over a grilled chicken salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment