Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chocolate Caramel Cake




I made this cake twice in the past week because I had so many of the ingredients left over. I found the recipe while searching the net for a cake that was both chocolate and caramel. The recipe can be found here.




Just a few notes, you will want to be careful making the caramel sauce, you can burn it easily. However, I didn't drizzle it on either cake and the second time I made the cake I just used 3 Tbsp of dulche de leche (with a little salt) in the butter cream instead of 1 Tbsp and 2Tbsp of the caramel sauce. I also found that the whipped ganache makes enough for two cakes, cut it in half.




It is easier to figure out what you need when it is all combined as I have down below (I have factored in half the whipped ganache suggestion):




-1 devils food cake mix


-2 3/4 c heavy cream


- 1 1/2 c sugar


- 1 lb chocolate chips


- 3 sticks butter


- 1Tbsp Dulche de Leche


- 1 c powdered sugar


- salt


- vanilla




No comments:

Post a Comment